Just Being Us. How to Leverage Video to Appeal to Humanity
Simple. Easy. Approachable.
Yet you’re hard-pressed to find a more effective way to reach out to your consumers to achieve a deeper personal connection than through live stream video.
A good marketing campaign will only get you so far, but if you’re really looking to get your customers to feel they have a bond with you, you need to get personal. You need to be human to connect with other humans.
“There are so many opportunities for organizations large and small to use live video and live audio from marketing to employee engagement, from customer service to crisis management. If it is not a method of communication you use at the moment, I would definitely recommend investing some time learning about the opportunities it provides for your marketing and communications plans in the year ahead.”
Here’s how you can leverage video to appeal to the rest of humanity.
Why Live Streaming?
Getting it’s kickstart a few years ago, live streaming shows no signs of slowing down. Statistics are on the rise. People can immediately interact and engage with very real, live content.
In this world of instant gratification, consumers want what’s coming, now. When they can instantly engage with your content, they feel like they’ve already gotten what they’re looking for. They have the ability to instantly interact with other viewers, making way for an even longer-lasting impression as they debate about products, services and other content. They have the ability to share their own personal experiences, becoming some of your loudest advocates.
One of people’s biggest skepticisms about companies is they don’t seem real. They have no ability to really connect with the masses. Not only do your employees seem ambiguous, but there could, quite possibly, be a magical method to what goes on behind the scenes. Consumers have no idea how products are developed, manufactured, and marketed.
People prefer doing business with people they know. The more they know about your company- it’s processes, its people, its heart- the more they want to interact with you. That interaction leads to trust, and a working relationship borne out of loyalty.
Benefits of Live Streaming
Streaming live video is extremely cost-effective. It gives you the ability to expand your reach and put you in front of a broader audience, easily accessible, affordably.
It gives you transparency. Customers are more dedicated to brands that openly offer details about how the company creates products and impacts its community.
You get instant feedback. Consumers are able to instantaneously respond to what they’re watching. That gives you the ability to understand and react to exactly what they want in real time.
How to Be Relatable
Be human. That’s it. It doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated. Now is not the time to script what you’re going to do. This isn’t where you can cut and edit to make things absolutely perfect. This isn’t the time for fancy smoke, mirrors, and jingles.
Ditch the script. This is where you get real. Remember, the whole point is to be relatable. The public wants to see the real you behind the brand face they know. You’re building trust and relatability at this point, so just relax, have a good time, and be real!
- Give a behind the scenes tour of your offices or facility. Show off your company culture.
- Host a Meet-the-Team to introduce consumers to your employees in a relaxed environment. It makes them feel like they get to know you personally. They’ll be able to see the authenticity of your people.
- Do a live-streaming product launch – before your ad campaign kicks off! When your consumers feel like they’re a part of something secret, something special, they’re more inclined to be all-in and behind you when things really kick off. Live video is compelling and creates a sense of urgency, which will drive traffic and conversions better than ever.
- Live stream the making of your product, from start to finish.
- Create a how-to tutorial. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Just come up with a fun idea that customers will want to emulate. Centering your content on material that’s different from what your business typically gravitates towards can produce an opportunity to reach a new audience.
- Give a demonstration of one of your products being used in real-life instances.
- Give a live press conference.
- Interview some of your key employees about an upcoming launch.
- Stream a company or industry event. Let everyone see all aspects of the event, including backstage!
- Hold a live Q&A session.
- Stream a company community service outing like highway cleanup or a food drive.
Don’t forget to pay attention to the viewers’ comments while you’re streaming. They’ll hook on to the conversation even more if you’re actively engaged with them. Answer their questions as they post them and see if you can accommodate their requests. They’ll eat that up, and be hooked on you!
For more in-depth insights into how to focus and prioritize customer strategy, go to Clock Tower Insight.